Step through the rework process for both SMT and through-hole components, understanding critical temperature and moisture considerations, heating methods, and types of acceptance criteria. Kris Roberson, STI Electronics Inc., guides you through this informative introduction to the rework process.
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is intended for entry-level technicians or operators, engineers new to the industry, or even someone who has been away from the process for a while.
- Rework, Repair and Modification Definitions
- Rework Temperature Considerations
- Moisture Sensitivity
- Rework Equipment
- Basic Process Steps
- Rework Process Flow Chart Examples
- Rework of Surface Mount Components
- Rework of Insertion Mount Components
- Board Repair
- Acceptance Criteria
After taking the online course, the trainee should be capable to accomplish the following tasks:
- Understand basic process steps
- Understand baseline process parameters
- Identify process defects
- Perform basic defect troubleshooting
Note: some prior familiarity with the specific equipment is expected.
Course Length and Format
- Approximately 2 hours of recorded material
- Content is sectioned into short video clips ranging from two to 20 minutes per topic
- You can download the 120 page PDF to follow along with the recordings
- It will take you an estimated 1-3 hours (cumulative) to complete the course
- A 19 question quiz will test your knowledge retention of the course material
- A certificate of completion can be emailed to you once a satisfactory score is achieved on the quiz