Expected release - March 2019!
Step through the rework process for both SMT and through-hole components, understanding critical temperature and moisture considerations, heating methods, and types of acceptance criteria.
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is intended for entry-level technicians or operators, engineers new to the industry, or even someone who has been away from the process for a while.
- Rework, Repair and Modification Definitions
- Rework Temperature Considerations
- Moisture Sensitivity
- Rework Equipment
- Basic Process Steps
- Rework Process Flow Chart Examples
- Rework of Surface Mount Components
- Rework of Insertion Mount Components
- Board Repair
- Acceptance Criteria
After taking the online course, the trainee should be capable to accomplish the following tasks:
- Understand basic process including fixturing and tooling
- Understand baseline process parameters
- Identify process defects
- Perform basic defect troubleshooting
- Note: some prior familiarity with the specific equipment is expected.
Course Length and Format
- Approximately 2 hours of recorded material
- Content is sectioned into short video clips ranging from two to 20 minutes per topic
- You can download the 120 page PDF to follow along with the recordings
- It will take you an estimated 1-3 hours (cumulative) to complete the course
- A 19 question quiz will test your knowledge retention of the course material
- A certificate of completion can be emailed to you once a satisfactory score is achieved on the quiz