Calendar of Events
Webinar: Vapour Phase & Convection Reflow with Lead Free – Selecting the Reflow Process +
Monday 15th July @ 2:30pm - 4:00pm UK Time (9:30am - 11:00am US Eastern Time)
Presenter: Bob Willis, SMTA Europe
Having grown up with IR and Vapour Phase Soldering VPS during the introduction of surface mount technology its fail to say that some processes never die they just get better. Convection reflow took over from IR technology and changed the way industry looked at vapour phase but now its back. For some companies VPS never went away a simple one profile process, in Japan high end application used VPS during the introduction of lead-free technology
Both convection and vapour phase can produce reliable lead-free assemblies, there are advantages and disadvantage to any technology but they both work well and can be very cost effective that is what our surveys have said. We also bring ten years of experience with lead-free using both techniques to the conference
In this webinar the instructor will look at all aspects of the different processes, soldering performance and yield from different joint terminations, solder finishes and joint structures. Each delegate will also receive a FREE set of Bob Willis Inspection Wall Charts covering reflow soldering of lead-free terminations and common defects found in manufacture
- Vapour phase and convection reflow overview
- Process parameters
- Nitrogen/inert environment myths
- Advantages & disadvantages of the process options
- Design and layout considerations for VP
- PCB solder finishes for VP & convection
- Vapour phase materials and cost
- Batch or inline operation
- User experiences with VP materials and equipment
- Profiling boards assemblies in both processes
- Solder paste requirements
- Comparing single and double sided reflow yields
- Soldering flexible assemblies
- Inspection results for reflow soldering
In preparation for the event and to ensure you are equipped to get maximum benefit from the event, read our Webinar Guide.
The webinar will run for between 60-90min with question and answer session. The webinars are limited to 100 delegates/companies. A copy of each of the slides presented will be provided after the webinar.
All webinar times shown are UK time – to check your local time in your countries click here
Heartland Expo & Tech Forum +
10800 Metcalf Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66210
The cost to exhibit is $375/$475 (early/regular) for corporate members. The cost to exhibit for non corporate members is $450/$550 (early/regular). The cost to exhibit includes: one 6ft draped table, two chairs, company sign, lunch, directory listing and attendee list. Electricity is an additional $30 per outlet. Early bird pricing ends on June 7, 2019!
- Exhibit Application - Hard Copy
- Ad/Sponsorship Form
- Please contact SMTA Expo Manager Courtney Kalb with questions or for additional information.