Job Description: Responsibilities of the role include process specification documentation, process improvement, assembly instruction creation, product defect analysis & prevention, new equipment implementation, and new product development and/or launch. The candidate will use oral and written communication skills to provide operator training, share key information within the team and the plant, and interact with management personnel at the program team level.
• Interfaces closely with customers, sales and manufacturing as required helping define and develop new products, tooling and inspection parameters along with helping to resolve manufacturing issues.
• Participates as required in pre-production or pre-release reviews on all new jobs to support production.
• Conducts validation and verification of equipment, processes and materials as needed using IQ/OQ/PQ protocols.
• Ensure that new and existing processes are safe, ergonomically friendly while meeting all State, Federal and Environmental laws. Helps to assure that work areas are clean and well organized.
• Defines and provides accurate and user-friendly process documentation including routers, work instructions, control plans, validation and verifications, FMEA’s, PM’s and data records.
• Provides day-to-day support to production to help meet their on-time delivery, quality and safety goals while trying to lower manufacturing costs and improve manufacturing efficiency. Take prompt action to resolve problems.
• Communicate with the Engineering Manager in regards to progress in assigned areas as well as reporting any unique problems along with recommendations as to their solutions.
• Mentor and train personnel in the tools, work techniques and skills required in accomplishing work assignments.
• Keep abreast of the latest technology regarding manufacturing techniques in the industry and makes recommendations to implement these programs where feasible.
• Work directly with Quality, Test Engineering and Operations Personnel.
• Perform Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action when defects occur.
• Support transition to build activities and First Article Validation for new products.
• Participate in the design of fixtures and tooling.
• Proactively undertake safety initiatives including job hazard analysis and ergonomic assessments.
• Support defect prevention and engage with work area to address systemic issues. Drive continuous improvement to reduce scrap and rework.
• Assembly equipment programming and support
• Supervise Manufacturing Engineers
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a production environment including:
o Manufacturing Engineering in Electronic Assembly environment
o Understanding of surface mount, through-hole, and mechanical assembly
o Working knowledge of IPC-610 & J-STD-001 Solder requirements
o Experience with determining Root Cause and Corrective action implementation
o Understanding of MRP and Shop Floor control systems for Non-Conforming Parts Disposition
o Ability to read and accurately interpret engineering drawings
o Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
o Positive attitude and ability to be adaptable to varying assignments
• Aegis MES software
• Experience establishing reflow profiles
• Working knowledge of hardware assembly, torque controls and analyze assembly tolerance stack up.
• Experience with Electronic Circuit Card, Cabling, and Electronic System assembly.
• Experience interfacing with customers and program manager regarding assessments of program performance (technical, cost and schedule)
• Working knowledge of Military and Commercial Standards, Materials and Process Specifications.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and attention to detail.
• Experience implementing Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments to solve design and manufacturing related issues
• Customer focused
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, or Aerospace Engineering or a related technical field
BTW, Inc. is a US ITAR facility. All employees must be US citizens or permanent legal residents.