JOB SUMMARY The Production Supervisor establishes and achieves targets for department related to quality, cost and delivery. Supports company objectives. Supervises and coordinates the activities of Team Leads.
- Provides input on staffing requirements. Interviews, hires, and trains or oversees those personnel processes.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of Team -Leaders and Team Members engaged in production or processing of goods.
- Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and production sequences, to meet production goals.
- Calculates labor, equipment requirements and production specifications.
- Communicates with management and/or Employees to resolve Employee problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Communicates with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within departments or between departments.
- Coordinates activities related to process/system improvements.
- Reads and analyzes charts, work orders, or production schedules to determine production requirements.
- Maintains operations data, such as time, production, and cost records and prepares productivity/quality reports for management.
- Implements measures to motivate Team Members and improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, efficiency and morale.
- Requisitions materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services based on planned needs.
- Monitors training for interpreting specifications, drawings, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Monitors inspections of materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Monitors and tracks training for policies/work procedures for Team Members.
- Monitors activities related to enforcing safety regulations.
- Monitors indicators related to ensuring operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Prepares and conducts reviews.
- Facilitates development of Team Leaders and Team - Members (soft skills).
- Monitors and tracks cross-training for all employees.
- Reviews and monitors payroll transactions, cost and rates.
- May be asked on occasion to perform other duties at a lower level or higher level of proficiency or not related to this classification.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or GED
- One to three years of production supervisory experience in electronic manufacturing.
- Formal and/or technical school training/certifications preferred.
- Intermediate level computer skills.
- Ability to speak Spanish strongly preferred.
** Please complete an application on our website to be considered for this position eetechinc.com/employment **