Expos | Job Resources | Educational Grant | Students Only
Atlanta 22st Annual Expo
SMTA Atlanta ScholarshipOrganization and Guidelines:
The Atlanta SMTA Chapter announces an annual student scholarship program that is to be awarded to undergraduate and graduate-level college students. To qualify, eligible students must be either:
- Members or children of members of the Atlanta SMTA Chapter, OR
- Local students (state of Georgia) majoring in a program of study related to the electronics industry, with a minimum GPA of 3.0. The preferred courses of study are to be in engineering, technology, or an electronics related discipline. Majors outside these fields will also be given consideration based on the credentials of the applicant. The scholarship award has been established to encourage and aid students in pursuing careers in fields that are in, or are related to, the electronics industry.
We will be awarding several scholarships this year. Our top scholarship award, the Atlanta SMTA Scholarship, is in memory of Ron Daniels, a long-time supporter and friend of the Atlanta SMTA Chapter.
The awards will be presented to the winning students at the Atlanta SMTA Expo, held April 18, 2018, at the Infinite Energy Center in Gwinnett County.
To be considered for the award, students will be required to submit the following:
- An application
- Major declared
- A one-page description of their reason for choosing their course of study and why they should be considered to receive the award
- A recent copy of their transcript
- Advisor’s name and contact information
- Total amount of student loans outstanding
The winning applicants will be notified prior to the Atlanta SMTA EXPO.
The scholarship committee will consider the following criteria in the selection process:
- Fully completed entry materials
- Academic credentials
- Student’s financial need
- Course of study
- Type of SMTA membership. In order of preference: Individual, Participating, Student.
For more information email:
Read our Spring chapter newsletter!The 2017 Spring newsletter recaps the 21st Annual SMTA Atlanta Expo which took place in April. Read about the equipment showcase, scholarship recipients, charity raffle, and learn about the expert speakers featured at the one-day event. Plus, information about our June 1st meeting, featuring a panel discussion on PCB materials.
Click here to view the newsletter.
SMTA Atlanta Chapter Newsletter March 2016Below is a link March 2016 news letter. Enjoy!
Atlanta Chapter News Letter ArchivesBelow are links to archived news letters. Please click and enjoy!
|Date / Time||Event||Location||Contact/Email|
April 18, 2018
||Atlanta 22nd Annual Expo||Infinite Energy Center (Formerly Gwinnett Center)||
April 18, 2018
|Atlanta 22nd Annual Expo||Infinite Energy Center (Formerly Gwinnett Center)||
Matthew Kehoe (Amitron Corporation)
Phone : 4046807977
Vice President :
Orlando Kent Parker (Prime Technological Services, LLC)
Phone : 770-232-7300
Paul Handler (Rehm Thermal Systems LLC)
Phone : 770-442-8913
Douglas A. Philbrick (I. Technical Services)
Phone : 770-597-4829
VP of Membership (Appointed) :
Scott Hargrove (Spectrum Staffing)
Phone : 770-476-5758
VP Technical Programs (Appointed) :
Eric J. Moen (Akrometrix, LLC)
Phone : 404-486-0880
VP Expo Committee (Appointed) :
Frances M. Stewart (UP Media Group)
Phone : 678-817-1286
Membership Chair (Appointed) :
Steven R. Hughes (Stone Mountain Tool, Inc.)
Phone : 770-929-0166
Board Liaison :
Richard Henrick (Sanmina Corporation)
Phone Contact : 256-882-4579