Welcome to SMTA
The Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA) is an international network of professionals who build skills, share practical experience and develop solutions in electronic assembly technologies, including microsystems, emerging technologies, and related business operations.
Hear more from members about the value of joining SMTA...
Video Tutorials on Electronics Assembly Process BasicsFree for members!
Cisco Systems, Inc. was gracious enough to provide some training videos outlining the basic process steps used in electronics assembly including printing, paneling, placement, reflow, wave, and depanelization. These short tutorials are a great introduction for students and anyone who is new to the industry. Active SMTA members can view them for free!
5 Ways to Increase Your Technical Knowledge
The phrase "Knowledge is Power" certainly rings true for engineers and businesses. In our fast-paced world of information overload, it is critical to have the right information to make knowledgeable decisions and stay competitive. Here are five ways to get trusted information you can confidently use to make the right decisions in your work.
1. Search from thousands of published technical articles in the SMTA Knowledge Base
2. Attend our free quarterly webinars
3. Network with local professionals and hear quality technical presentations at your local chapter meeting
4. Browse the Book Store for new titles relevant to your work
5. Find contact information in our Member Directory of industry experts who can answer your questions in one conversation
Best of all, you can do each of these at no charge or at deeply discounted rates with an active SMTA Membership.
Find Your Dream Job or Hire a New Employee in the SMTA Career Center
The SMTA Career Center can help engineers, operators, managers, technicians and executives find a job or fill a position in the electronics assembly industry. Go to the Job Listings page for a complete listing. Members post on-line for free!